Building Websites All-in-One For Dummies (co-author with Doug Sahlin)
Ten minibooks in one! The perfect reference for beginning web builders. This hefty, 800 page book is your start-to-finish roadmap for building a web site for personal or professional use. Even if you're completely new to the process, this book is packed with everything you need to know to build an attractive, usable, and working site. In addition to being a thorough reference on the basics, this updated new edition also covers the very latest trends and tools, such as HTML5, mobile site planning for smartphones and tablets, connecting with social media, and more.
Selected recent books by David Karlins...
From reviews at amazon.com:
- Karlins instructs in an easy to follow manner with attention to the small details, all the while giving a solid overview of the ever evolving shape of the web (see Chapter 9 - Mobile Pages with JQuery). Of particular interest to me is the evolution of web video and the various solutions that have been developed to manage the numerous formats used and how to direct specific devices/browsers (see Chapter 5 - HTML 5 video).
- I really like the approach that the author takes in both explaining the big picture of all the concepts and then going into minute detailed, dummy-proof explanations.
From Creative Suite educator Lisa Hopkins: Using Mr. Karlin's text as a primary reference book, I was able to teach [students] how to solve their own problems while developing their creative potential. For the first time in years, I saw major results! ... "
- From a student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh: [R]efreshingly easy to comprehend. Details, such as frequently rephrased concepts or statements and emphasized (italicized) words, interspersed with the author's occasional wry humor, added a welcome presence and a level of comprehension of the information, that I have not yet found anywhere else.
This book helps you to take great shots by conquering hurdles like rain and crowds, bad lighting, fast moving sportsmen, flash restrictions, and other problems. ...And the final analysis for many hopeful digital sports photographers is this book will also teach you the correct way to really sell your pictures!
Selected Other Books by David Karlins...
- Adobe Illustrator CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- Enhancing a Dreamweaver CS3 Web Site with Flash Video: Visual QuickProject
- Adobe Illustrator CS3 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- Adobe Illustrator CS2 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- Digital Sports Photography : Take Winning Shots Every Time (co-author)
- Total Digital Photography: The Shoot to Print Workflow Handbook (co-author)
- PC Magazine Guide to Printing Great Digital Photos
- How to Do Everything with Adobe Illustrator CS
- Build Your Own Web Site
- Complete Idiot's Guide to Dreamweaver
- Adobe(R) Illustrator(R) 10 Virtual Classroom
- FrontPage 2002 Virtual Classroom
- Complete Idiots Guide to Flash 5
- MCSD: Designing and Implementing Web Sites Using Microsoft FrontPage 98
- Sams Teach Yourself CorelDRAW 9 in 24 Hours
- Microsoft® FrontPage® Bible (co-author)
- Teach Yourself CorelDRAW 8 in 24 Hours
- Teach Yourself Microsoft Frontpage 98 in a Week (2nd Edition)
- Wild Web Graphics With Microsoft Image Composer
- Create FrontPage Web Pages in a Weekend